Compressed Air Field Service Technician
The Compressed Air Field Service Technician serves customers by installing, trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components. You will use precision measuring tools for diagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you need to have the necessary skills to navigate through the operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
Work Locations: New York – Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island Territory
|Primary Location: New York – Field Service
||Job Type: Experienced
||Schedule: Full Time
|Shift: Day Job
||Employee Status: Regular
1. Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
2. Provides technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems. Including “hands-on” work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirements.
3. Able to read wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
4. Serves as technical support for customers and Customer Service Managers.
5. Documents service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets
6. Increases customer’s awareness of how Gardner Denver products, services and solutions; such as Preventative Maintenance, Diagnostics, Audits and Leak Detection can benefit their operations.
7. Maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
8. Ensures proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and 47 point inspections on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers and additional compressed air components.
9. Works with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
10. Conduct safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
11. Daily travel to customer sites, occasional overtime, and sporadic on-call emergency service is required to meet customers’ needs.
1. A High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of trouble shooting industrial /commercial mechanical systems.
2. Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
3. Candidates must have their own set of standard tools.
4. Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
5. EPA Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification a plus).
6. This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
7. This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.