On the project management side, KG Power Systems provided submittals, CPM Schedules, weekly schedules, weekly meetings, and toolbox safety talks. We also managed all aspects of new electrical service installation of new fused disconnects, ECBs, line reactors, and breaker distribution panel. Our on-site foreman and project manager obtained hot work permits as well as guided and managed the electrical subcontractor.
To achieve zero shutdowns, we installed a temporary exterior 150-HP air compressor to power the facility as well as temporary controls, filters, dryers, and bypass piping. Work was coordinated between three shifts and over 50 machine tie overs and included ultrasonic leak testing. KG Power Systems then proceeded to do the following site work:
- Demolish Three 100-HP Compressors, Dryers, Tanks, & Filters.
- Demolish Existing Concrete Pads, Electrical, & Exhaust Fan.
- Form, Mix, & Pour New Concrete Housekeeping Pads.
- Rig Three New 75-HP Compressors & Two 1550-Gal Tanks.
- Cut Mezzanine Floor for New Exhaust Ducting.
- Core Drill Floors.
- Weld Pipe Fittings In Compressor Room.
All work was coordinated with USPS to ensure there were zero shutdowns at the 24/7 facility during the entire project. The project was completed in June of 2014.